Are you a Registered Home Care Manager looking for the next step of your career? Are you ambitious and a natural leader wanting to spread your wings a little further?
How would you like to be part of something special, something you can make your own and be an integral part of the Senior Management Team?
Right at Home Oxford are looking for an ambitious, driven Registered Manager.
What we are offering our Registered Manager:
Competitive Package - Salary - Up to £35,000 (depending on experience), Travel Allowance - £3,000 and Performance Based Bonus - Up to £2,000
Appreciation – We recognise the hard work our RM’s put in and we run annual RM conferences and awards to show our appreciation
Ongoing support – we value our Registered Managers and offer a full support system, ongoing training to enhance skills and business knowledge as well as dedicated compliance support to achieve outstanding CQC reports
A voice – regular Registered Manager Forums and conferences to share ideas, challenges and ensure your needs are being met
We are actively recruiting an ambitious, driven and caring Registered Manager for our brand new office in Oxford, to manage, develop and grow the business. It is imperative that the successful candidate is able to get on board with our brand’s core values and beliefs and is able to grow with our business and move quickly with change.
We are looking for someone who will always go over and above our Client’s expectations, put quality of care at the forefront of everything and be able to develop a strong team to continuously strive for excellence. You will be a fundamental pillar in the overall smooth running of the operation and day to day business right from its opening.
You will be pivotal in the future of home care for older people, drive forward a customer focused ethos and strive for the highest standards. With every Care Assistant given award winning training at our in-house academy, we really do invest in our staff team and everyone feels valued.
Main responsibilities of our Registered Manager:
- Provide leadership, management and the highest level of support to the Team, to ensure the very best outcomes in everything we do.
- Ability to take ownership of achieving the highest levels of compliance with regards to regulations, laws, quality standards & policies, ensuring we achieve a minimum of a “Good” CQC inspection.
- Accountable for the Health and Safety of staff and clients; ensuring relevant policies and procedures are followed at all times providing a safe working environment.
- Ensure consistent application of Right at Home policies, procedures and approved practice; and to promote our aims and values.
- Continually review and improve processes to ensure the most effective and efficient service is being delivered to our clients.
- Ability to identify and recruit high quality Care Assistant, implement excellent training and maintain high retention ratios.
- Ensure the provision of staﬀ training is implemented and the delivery of very high-quality care services, to vulnerable people living in their own home, is achieved consistently.
- Ability to ensure the Scheduling is eﬀectively designed to ensure Care Assistant deliver the allocated care to the client.
- To take ownership of quality assurance and governance through scheduled Spot Checks, Service Reviews, Internal Audits, and Annual Surveys.
- Ability to complete and continuously improve the Assessments, Risk Assessments and Support Plans to ensure the outcome of the client is achieved eﬀectively and the customers’ expectations are exceeded by going the extra mile.
- Take responsibility for ensuring the emergency on-call mobile phone is covered outside normal oﬃce hours, including holding the phone as part of the on-call rota.
- To be aware of Key Performance Indicators and to accurately record and report statistics to the Director as appropriate.
- Ad hoc duties to support the Director, as and when required, to meet the needs of the business including covering Care Assistant duties when necessary.
- To be a key figure in ensuring the business grows sustainably but in line with commercial targets.
- The ability to adapt to a green, 80% paperless, technology based, forward thinking organisation. All the necessary technology training will be provided for the right candidate who is willing to buy into to a modern thinking company.
Qualifications and Experience required from our Registered Manager:
- Hold, or be working towards, an NVQ Level 4 (RMA) or QCF Level 5 qualification in Social Care
- In depth understanding of CQC assessment criteria for Good and Outstanding scores
- Management experience of service provision in the care industry
- Experience in managing people
- You can demonstrate a positive vision of home care and how you will influence positive change.
We take great pride in developing our team. If successful, you will have access to an outstanding support network to allow you to grow and reach your full potential.
We are happy to consider candidates from outside the Oxford area who are willing to travel. We are offering a £3,000 travel allowance to support your commute.
Please apply today, or call Annabelle on 0151 305 0770 if you would like to be considered for this fantastic opportunity.